American was up 13.7% over August of 2012
Southwest was down 9.2% over August of 2012
United was up 8.5% over August of 2012
We had 116 more commercial landings in August 2013 vs. August 2012
New Parking Lot
The contractor is currently working on the sub-pavement grading. After this has been completed base material will be applied to bring the lot to grade. Then paving will commence. The project from beginning to end should take 120 days.
We will be replacing the lighting systems, rehabilitating the runway surfaces, and addressing some drainage issues. The bids were opened and a contractor was selected. TxDOT is currently reviewing the bids and we expect to have a green light from TxDOT very soon. A pre-construction meeting should be taking place in the next 30 days.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Permian Basin Regional Airport Board
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 @ 10:30 a.m.
Midland International Airport will be hosting the 50th edition of Commemorative Air Force’s Airsho October 11-13, 2013. Airport surface closures will be in place during this time for the safety of aerobatic performers, tenants, and spectators. Safety is our top priority, and these airfield closures ensure safety before, during, and after airshow events. A Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) will also be in place during aerobatic demonstrations. The TFR will be applicable from the surface to 17500 AGL, within a five (5) nautical mile radius of MAF. Expected airport closure times are listed below. MAF will be closed to all arriving and departing traffic during the aerodrome closure periods.[i] Please note these times are tentative; the TFR and NOTAMs may be cancelled prior to the times indicated.[ii]
- Friday October 11, 2013 – 0930L-1230L
- Saturday October 12, 2013 – 1230L-2000L
- Sunday October 13, 2013 – 1130L-1730L
Runway and Taxiway Closures
- Taxiway ‘A’ will be closed beginning Tuesday 10/08/13 at 0800L until further notice. Aircraft wishing to taxi to and/or from the ‘Y’ Ramp should contact the Airport Operations Control Center for taxiing instructions.
- Taxiway ‘E’ will be closed beginning Tuesday 10/08/13 from 0800L until further notice.
- West 100’ feet of Taxiway ‘P’ will be closed between Taxiway ‘H’ and Runway 10/28 beginning 10/10/13 at 0800L until further notice. Aircraft utilizing Taxiway ‘P’ should taxi east of the Taxiway centerline.
- The west 3000’ feet of Runway 10/28 will be closed except for taxiing operations beginning Friday 10/11/13 @ 0930L until further notice. This closure will be delayed indefinitely if conditions warrant the use of ILS equipment.
[i] The only exceptions are for emergency aircraft, air carrier aircraft, airshow aircraft, and those which have received prior permission from the Airport Manager and Midland ATC.
[ii] All General Aviation and transient/for-hire Airsho traffic should expect a short delay each day following the conclusion of aerobatic activities. Airport Operations will be conducting an Airfield Safety Inspection to ensure the safety of airport users. Non-air carrier traffic must remain clear of all Runways and Taxiways until otherwise advised.