Midland International Airport will be hosting the 50th edition of Commemorative Air Force’s Airsho October 11-13, 2013. Airport surface closures will be in place during this time for the safety of aerobatic performers, tenants, and spectators. Safety is our top priority, and these airfield closures ensure safety before, during, and after airshow events. A Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) will also be in place during aerobatic demonstrations. The TFR will be applicable from the surface to 17500 AGL, within a five (5) nautical mile radius of MAF. Expected airport closure times are listed below. MAF will be closed to all arriving and departing traffic during the aerodrome closure periods.[i] Please note these times are tentative; the TFR and NOTAMs may be cancelled prior to the times indicated.[ii]
- Friday October 11, 2013 – 0930L-1230L
- Saturday October 12, 2013 – 1230L-2000L
- Sunday October 13, 2013 – 1130L-1730L
Runway and Taxiway Closures
- Taxiway ‘A’ will be closed beginning Tuesday 10/08/13 at 0800L until further notice. Aircraft wishing to taxi to and/or from the ‘Y’ Ramp should contact the Airport Operations Control Center for taxiing instructions.
- Taxiway ‘E’ will be closed beginning Tuesday 10/08/13 from 0800L until further notice.
- West 100’ feet of Taxiway ‘P’ will be closed between Taxiway ‘H’ and Runway 10/28 beginning 10/10/13 at 0800L until further notice. Aircraft utilizing Taxiway ‘P’ should taxi east of the Taxiway centerline.
- The west 3000’ feet of Runway 10/28 will be closed except for taxiing operations beginning Friday 10/11/13 @ 0930L until further notice. This closure will be delayed indefinitely if conditions warrant the use of ILS equipment.
[i] The only exceptions are for emergency aircraft, air carrier aircraft, airshow aircraft, and those which have received prior permission from the Airport Manager and Midland ATC.
[ii] All General Aviation and transient/for-hire Airsho traffic should expect a short delay each day following the conclusion of aerobatic activities. Airport Operations will be conducting an Airfield Safety Inspection to ensure the safety of airport users. Non-air carrier traffic must remain clear of all Runways and Taxiways until otherwise advised.
Airport Managers Notice
The Midland International Airport will be hosting the Commemorative Air Force annual Airsho between October 12th and October 14th 2012. The closures listed below will be in effect to promote safety and preparation before, during, and after the events. The Airshow Operations area is from the surface to 17500 AGL, within a five (5) nautical mile radius of Midland International Airport
DATE TIME-LOCAL DURATION
October 12, 2012 0930 – 1230 3 hrs
October 13, 2012 1230 – 2000 8.5 hrs
October 14, 2012 1130 – 1730 6 hrs
Midland International Airport will be closed daily, October 12 through October 14, 2012 during the aerobatic demonstrations. Arrivals and departures are not permitted during periods of aerobatic demonstrations.*
*NOTE: the only exceptions are for Air Carrier Aircraft, Airsho aircraft, and those aircraft who have received prior permission from the Airport Manager and Midland ATC.
Note: All General Aviation and AIRSHO traffic should expect a 30-45 minute delay for an Airport Operations Airfield Inspection after the event, daily. Non-air carrier traffic must remain on the non-movement area until the inspection has been completed and NOTAM cancelled.
RUNWAY & TAXIWAY CLOSURE
-RWY 10/28 west 3000 feet are closed from 10/12/12 0800L- Until further notice
-TWY ‘A’ and TWY ‘E’ will be closed from 10/9/12 0800L- Until further notice
-TWY ‘T’ has been re-opened due to TWY ‘A’ and TWY ‘E’ being closed for AIRSHO. PLEASE EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION AS TWY ‘T’ IS UNMARKED.
-TWY ‘P’ West 100ft from TWY ‘H’ to RWY 10/28 will be closed from 10/11/12 08000L- Until further notice
For any further questions or comments contact Airport Operations – 432-560-2200 ext. 6